Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From Chapter 7, Book 2...

Zaphod leaned forward, conspirationally.

"I just materialized out of thin air in one of your cafes," he said, "as a result of an argument with the ghost of my great grandfather. No sooner had I got there that my former self, the one that operated on my brain, popped into my head and said `Go see Zarniwoop'. I have never heard of the cat. That is all I know. That and the fact that I've got to find the man who rules the Universe."

He winked.

"Mr Beeblebrox, sir," said the insect in awed wonder, "you're so weird you should be in movies."

"Yeah," said Zaphod patting the thing on a glittering pink wing, "and you, baby, should be in real life."

4 comments:

hopscotch said...

Aah! Isn't Adams an absolute delight to read and re-read and re-re-re...
In fact, I have been on a lookout for that omnibus edition since you had lent it to me once...but no luck yet.

Miss P said...

thumbs up for the new header. maybe QT should have directed the hitchhiker's movie. would have been better than that other crap-shit movie that came out anyway.

a fan apart said...

Thank you boths.

I liked the movie actually. Its impossible to adapt it to a hardcore fan's satisfaction anyway, so I saw it with my hardcore fangs unsheathed. Sam Rockwell should have been given some award or the other for his Zaphod. It was only matched by that guy who played Zaphod in Udayan's play. Zooey as Trillian wasn't great casting though.

Miss P said...

heheh. udayan's zaphod. sahi.